Job Openings: Member Service Representative (MSR)
|Announcement Date:||August 1, 2018|
|Location of Position:||630 Howard|
|Hours:||8:30a - 5:00p|
Member Service Representative (MSR)
Assistant Branch Manager
August 1, 2018
The Member Service Representative is responsible for providing effective member service by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of credit union products and services, as well as communicating effectively with team members within the branch.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide accurate, courteous, and timely professional service to existing and prospective members.
- Assist members by providing information and answering questions about the credit union’s products, services, and requirements/eligibility.
- Meet/exceed branch goals and objectives.
- Process transactions accurately and efficiently to build member confidence and trust based on established policies and procedures.
- Analyze member activity and cross sell other products and services to fit member needs.
- Process loan and new membership applications ensuring proper credit union processes are followed and adhered to.
- Process member requests according to established department policies and procedures.
- Partners with other departments as needed in order to meet and exceed members’ service expectations.
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and answer questions about the process, while working closely with the lending department.
- Compute financial fees, interest, and service charges.
- Tactfully resolve member concerns & inquiries in a manner consistent with credit union values.
- Comply with BSA and other applicable regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of One Detroit Credit Union’s products and services, operational policies and procedures, by-laws, and philosophy.
- Adhere to the credit union’s uniform policy and demonstrate professional, business like appearance.
- Perform other duties as required for the efficient operation of the branch.
- Member Focus
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Sales Effort
- Job Knowledge
- Appearance & Grooming
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours worked are not to exceed 40 hours.
No travel is expected for this position.
One Detroit Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
2. One to three years of customer service experience.
3. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Additional Desired Attributes:
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field.
2. Previous experience at a financial institution.
How to Apply
If more convenient please submit your resume to One Detroit Credit Union in person or by mail to:
One Detroit Credit Union
630 Howard Street
Detroit, MI 48226