Job Openings: Contact Center Sales Representative (Loans/Outbound)
|Location of Position:||630 Howard|
|Days:||M-F (some Saturdays)|
Contact Center Sales Representative (Loans/Outbound)
Reports to Contact Center Manager
Date July 25, 2018
Summary/Objective The Contact Center Sales Representative specializes in handling all of the on-line loan applications and making phone calls on behalf of the credit union to current or potential members in an effort to expand their relationship with 1DCU. The main purpose of outbound calls is to present sales opportunities or to determine why a membership was closed, in an effort to improve member experience throughout the organization.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Request information, schedule appointments, collect data or conduct follow-ups for loan closings
- Member Retention-Make outbound calls to members who have recently closed their accounts I order to determine why they left in an effort to improve member experience throughout the organization
- Cross-Selling-make outbound calls to new members who opened their accounts on-line, in an effort to introduce other products and services to them
- Track daily, weekly and monthly contacts and sales accurately
- Educate members on how to utilize the credit union electronic products/services and provide troubleshooting assistance as needed
- Comply with BSA and other applicable regulations
- Maintain knowledge of One Detroit Credit Union’s products and services, operational policies and procedures, by-laws, and philosophy
- Adhere to the credit union’s uniform policy and demonstrate professional
- Perform other duties as required for the efficient operation of the credit union
- Positive Attitude
- Member Focus
- Problem Solving
- Ethical Behavior
Supervisory Responsibility This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. Hours worked are not to exceed 40 hours and will include dome Saturdays.
Travel No travel is expected for this position.
AAP/EEO Statement One Detroit Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least 1 year of experience in a call center environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Strong understanding of 1DCU loan products, as well as the application process, and protection products
- Attention to detail and accuracy in competing information
- Ability to effectively interact with members in order to solicit requests for credit union products or services, obtain information necessary to complete a loan application, cross sell additional products and services, communicate loan or new account information and to determine why a member closed their account
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a face paced environment
Additional Desired Attributes:
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Six months to 1 year of prior banking or member service experience
- Familiarity to Corelation
How to Apply
Apply Online for Contact Center Sales Representative (Loans/Outbound)
Upload Your Resume for Contact Center Sales Representative (Loans/Outbound)
If more convenient please submit your resume to One Detroit Credit Union in person or by mail to:
One Detroit Credit Union
630 Howard Street
Detroit, MI 48226
View all Career Opportunities